Speedy on-the-go typing via the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard (view larger).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Capture brilliant photos and videos on the go with the 8-megapixel camera/camcorder on the rear--which can record video at up to HD 720p resolution--and video chat over Wi-Fi and 4G via the front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera. Connect the Captivate Glide to an external HDTV via the HDMI port and watch HD videos or photo slideshows on the big screen, or wirelessly share them with compatible HDTVs via its DLNA capabilities.
Other features include Bluetooth 3.0 for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming; an internal 8 GB memory, memory expansion via optional microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), access to thousands of apps via the Android Market, and up to 8 hours of talk time.
Dual-Core Processor Moves Data Like a Two-Lane HighwayYou'll have a full 1.0 GHz, dual-core processor moving your data and information. Single core processors can only move data so fast, but when a second core is added, it makes all the difference. You’ll have a smoother and better movie and video playback. You can load images lightning fast, and forget about buffering during games. Once you experience dual core speed, there's no going back to single core processing.
Vital StatisticsThe Samsung Captivate Glide weighs 5.2 ounces and measures 4.9 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16.5 days) of standby time. It runs on AT&T's dual-band 4G HSPA+ network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 2100 MHz 3G networks. It's also a quad-band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE).
What's in the Box
Samsung Captivate Glide handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- 1.0 GHz dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.0-inch Super LCD multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels) with LED backlighting.
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash, smile detection, image stabilization, 4x digital zoom and panorama capture functionality.
- HD 720p video recording
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3/T3
Android Gingerbread Operating System
| The Samsung Captivate Glide runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. |
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Captivate Glide also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
|Samsung Captivate Glide Android Phone (AT&T)|